Wooden Roof Shingles – Fishers
Fishers Wooden Roof Shingles Can Add A Classic Touch To Any Home!
If your current roof is well past its prime, then you know the importance of considering new roofing options that are available to you as a homeowner. Though many people choose metal or asphalt roofing systems, the fact remains that wooden roof shingles are just as tough but are often overlooked. There are plenty of reasons that wooden shingles are a great addition to any home, and we will take a look at some of the most common advantages below!
Common Advantages of Wooden Roof Shingles
1. Not every homeowner is looking to achieve a modern contemporary feel to their homes, and if you have a rustic or primitive cabin, it’s important to match the ambiance with roofing material that doesn’t detract from the curb appeal. Wooden roof shingles are most commonly manufactured from cedar because cedar is not only long-lasting, but it naturally repels bugs as well as moisture. Choosing a natural element as your roofing material can help add a cozy touch to an otherwise boring home.
2. Wooden shingles are able to maintain their shape and integrity even in humid conditions. It’s important to choose a roofing material that is able to help keep your home stable and won’t deteriorate due to severe weather in your area. You may not think it, but wood is probably the best roofing materials you can choose if you wish to preserve the integrity of your roof for years to come.
3. There are numerous finishes that can be applied to your wooden roofing shingles to ensure that your roof is able to match the exterior of your home seamlessly. Not only are wooden shingles easy to cut and nail to your roof, but they take well to natural finishes and oils that can help bring out the beautiful grains. Additionally, wooden shingles are able to repel UV rays, therefore, they won’t discolor with time as many other roofing materials do.
4. When installing a new roof, it’s important to consider whether or not the roofing material offers any form of insulation. Many homeowners end up running their heating and cooling systems a great deal in an effort to combat rising or falling indoor temperatures. Wooden shingles are great for insulating a home, and they offer the added benefit of energy savings down the line.
5. Wooden shingles age gracefully along with the rest of your property, therefore, you don’t have to worry about roof maintenance for a long time. By investing in a solid roofing material right now, you don’t have to be concerned should you look to sell your home in the near future.
As you can see, there are numerous advantages to choosing wooden roofing shingles for your property. There’s no reason to shun something as traditional as wood for something more modern when the benefits are there. After all, wood is not only classically beautiful, but it’s long-lasting, maintains its integrity, and can help prevent water leakage into your home while adding curb appeal!