Stone Roofing – Carmel
Stone Roofing – Carmel
Ensure one of the biggest parts of your home — the roof — with consistent inspection and cleaning. For at least twice a year it should be done, in fall to get your roof shingles in shape for the cold weather and again in spring to see how it has held up to winter’s hardship. Natural stone is one of the greenest construction materials in the world today. Slate comes in different colors that range from cooler shades of gray and blue to darker shades of brown and red. Not like other materials that manufacturers produce in factories, natural stone is relatively they can source directly from quarries.
A stone coated metal roof is made of steel or some other metal; the metal is then covered with stone chips and attached to the steel with an acrylic film. The goal is a more durable roof that still retains the aesthetic advantages of a more traditional roofing material
If you are planning to clean your roof yourself, you have to start from the top downward. Make use of a ladder and work with someone else to help you, or else just let anybody know that you are cleaning from atop the ladder. Take care of your hand with work gloves and also your eyes with goggles.
You can also consult or call a roofing specialist for your safety. They are the one who knows more about repairing and cleaning the roofs. Also, they check the whole process of roofing and determine the materials, substrates and supportive accessories to be used for roof installations.
Roofers also replace old materials with new, stable structures.
Advantages of Installing Stone Roofs
- Longevity is one of the biggest advantages with natural stone roof shingles.
- Lightweight, it was only 1.5 pounds per square foot.
- It also high-performance interlocking design, it resists driving rain, as well as high wind pressures.
- Fire resistant, it will not support fire, noncombustible
- The performance does not decrease with age.
- It does not absorb any moisture
- Does not fade if only you have the original stone coated roof tiles
- Includes 120mph wind resistance
- Low or no maintenance for the within the 50-year range
Disadvantages of Installing Stone Roofs
- A typical roof cost between $2,000 and $5,000 to install; a stone roof can cost double that or more.
- These shingles may not have the long track record associated with other types of roofing materials.
- Not all the roofers know how to work with this kind of roof
- As slate varies in color from rock to rock, homeowners may have a hard time finding new shingles that match the color of their existing shingles later.
- Stone is burdensome and can add extra weight to a roof.
Types of roof shingles
Quality shingles act as a protective barrier to your property, help keep your home properly insulated and potentially increase your home’s overall value. Knowing a bit about your shingle options helps you find an affordable and efficient way to cover your home.Knowing the right roofing contractor can help you build a beautiful roof for your home.
- Asphalt Shingles
- Three-Tab vs. Architectural
- Wood Shingles
- Metal Roofing